Friday, November 19, 2010

Beauty Buzz Word: Niacinamide

Niacinamide (aka vitamin B3): A new(ish) wonder ingredient in the skin care scene, niacinamide is a multi-threat! There is strong scientific support showing that it increases the skin's elasticity, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, sun spots, redness, and skin sallowness. It also helps to repair and maintain the skin's natural protective barrier by increasing the ceramide content in the skin. This helps make sensitive skin more tolerant and also helps alleviate some symptoms of rosacea, such as redness and inflammation. On top of all of this, niacinamide has anti-oxidant properties, and is an excellent hydrator that may even help treat acne!

4 comments:

Musing on Beauty said...

I love when you talk complicated words to us :) Very interesting.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mariella! You know me, I love my ingredient lists. This one is a favorite of mine, and I keep talking about it, so I decided I'd better put an easy reference to it on here!

BTW guys, let me know what other beauty terms, ingredients, etc...have you stumped and I'll add them to the list!

Phyrra said...

I would love to know what night time moisturizers contain this ingredient :)

Unknown said...

Phyrra- a few I can think of off hand are the CeraVe PM and Olay Regenerist and ProX creams, and Paula's Choice Moisture Treatment Cream. It's also in the Olay Regenerist Serum that I reviewed a while back in "Drugstore Dupes". If you hunt down some others, let us know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...