Monday, April 6, 2009

Ignore the Snow- It's Spring in Ohio!


















































For this look I combined lots of vibrant colors, but blended them well to keep the look soft. I'm loving the combination of pink and green this spring, it's very ethereal. I foiled Weeping Willow onto the lid, extending it just a bit above my crease. Applying the pigment wet not only brightens the green, but also brings out it's incredible violet iridescence.

Just above the green, I chiseled out my contour with Flamingo. Then I softened the line by blending upward with a lighter pink. Since green eye shadow doesn't do much to bring out my eye color, I added a bit of violet underneath to bring out the green in my eyes.

After blending under my arch with a matte white highlight shade, I decided to add a pop of Chrome Yellow to the inner brow bone to keep my eyes from looking too much like an Easter egg! Then, just for fun I glued some fabric flower petals to the outer corners and dusted them with a bit of the green and violet pigments to integrate them a bit!

Product List:

Eyes
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Lid: Weeping Willow (Archetype Cosmetics)
Contour: Flamingo (Kryolan), Candy Cube (Estee Lauder- discontinued*)
Brow bone: Gesso, Chrome Yellow (both MAC)
Tear Duct: China White (Archetype Cosmetics)
Lower Lash line: Conjunction (Archetype Cosmetics)
Mascara: Chanel Inimitable in Black
Brows: Automatic Brow Pencil Duo in Soft Brown (Estee Lauder)
For the Petals: I hand cut 4 petals for each eye from small silk flowers (I bought mine at Michael's). Then I glued them on in 2 layers with spirit gum.

Cheeks

Flamingo (Kryolan eyeshadow)

Lips
Liner: Hottie Pink (Victoria's Secret)
Lipstick: Love (Estee Lauder- discontinued*), Vinyl Voltage (Estee Lauder- discontinued*)
Lip gloss: Beauty Rush Smoothie Moves (Victoria's Secret- discontinued*)

*Please feel free to leave comments or send me a message if you'd like suggestions on substitutes for discontinued colors.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...