Friday, December 18, 2009

Product Review:
UPDATE on Glowelle Beauty Drink Mix

Ah, wondrous technology! After tweeting about my previous review of Glowelle, I was contacted by a representative of the company, who shared some information with me, and generously offered to send me the mix in the other flavor option, Pomegranate Lychee.

Since one of the major cons from my review was flavor, I was pleased to accept Glowelle's offer, and also learn that the company is working on flavor issues in the drink mix. I was also told that they are working on the calorie issue. Though at 50 calories per serving Glowelle is not exactly a Twinkie-in-a-bottle, those are calories I generally would prefer to use elsewhere in my diet.

Upon receiving the Pomegranate Lychee flavor, I immediately mixed it into 16oz of ice water, noting that it had the same heavy mineral smell as the Raspberry Jasmine that I'd originally tried. I braced myself and took a sip, expecting the same metallic, earthy taste. To my surprise, it was actually quite enjoyable. Whereas I had found the Raspberry flavor overly sweet, the Pomegranate had a bit more tartness, with the nice, slightly fragrant finish of lychee. My first thought, in all honesty? Why in the world do they even make the other flavor?

My original rating of Glowelle was 4.5 out of 10. After tasting the Pomegranate Lychee flavor, I would raise that to a 6.5 out of 10. In my original review, I wondered if a better flavor would convert me into a daily user. I have to say, my reservations about the price would still prohibit that. $112 for a 30 day supply still seems quite steep for a vitamin supplement. On the other hand, I once supported $5.00 a day Starbucks habit that really puts the $3.73 Glowelle price* into perspective. Having said that, I'm hopeful that Glowelle may show up again soon on one of the many members only sale sites. When Gilt Groupe recently featured them, prices were slashed about 50%, moving the drink into more approachable territory. Since I am curious to see if the supplements produce any long-term results, I would definitely be tempted by a lower price, and would encourage anyone else who is curious to take the opportunity should it arise.

*Price arrived at by averaging Glowelle's most economical option, the 30-day stick pack kit, assuming the recommended one stick pack per day use.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...