Friday, March 11, 2011

Illamasqua Toxic Nature:
Swatches & First Impressions!

Illamasqua's tantalizing new collection is now available online, one week in advance of UK stores (US launch date is still TBA, but should be some time in April) and I was lucky enough to receive a few of the new shades and products to try. Here's a first look at a few of the highlights of the collection, including a peek at two of the brand new Cream Pigments!

Since Illamasqua's polish has a cult following, and this one is a doozy, we'll start there. Radium is a bright, acid-lime green with a soft pearl finish.



It applies almost opaque in one coat, but will likely require two to ensure even coverage. This is my first experience with the famous Illamasqua polishes, and so far so good- you can look forward to a review of how the polish performs in the near future! Here's a peek of it on my sad, sad little thumb nail!

Is it a coincidence that when I received this in the mail yesterday, I was wearing sweat pants this exact color? Maybe, maybe not. And while this may not be a great shade to paint one's living room (I happen to know that from experience...I guess you could say I'm fond of lime green) it is fabulous on the nails!

Now for the Cream Pigments. Designed to be a multi-use product for the eyes, face, lips and body, Cream Pigments purportedly provide a crease and water resistant matte finish.


Dab Cream pigment (pastel lilac)


Mould Cream Pigment (deep, bruised grape)

Both Cream pigments that I received were, as promised, completely devoid of shimmer. While they show as more of a cream than matte finish on my hand (meaning they had no shimmer, but a slightly moist finish) they applied with a true matte finish on both my eyes and lips.

Dab Cream Pigment on bare skin.

Mould Cream Pigment on bare skin.


So, what do you think of the Toxic Nature collection? Anyone hauling? Stay tuned next week for complete reviews of the products mentioned in this post!

The products featured in this post were submitted for consideration by a representative of the company. What does this mean? I didn't pay for it. My commitment is to you, my readers, and myself (it's called integrity, I like to have it). I can assure you that the opinions expressed in my product reviews are my own, based on my own research and experience; I am not paid in any way nor is the final outcome of the review influenced by the featured company.

3 comments:

Ashchronicles said...

They looked fab! =D I especially like the look of the creams!

The Makeup Pixie said...

OMG jess I = jelous as hell! I need to get some connections with illamasqua!! man o man! I have been drooling over their website! The models look AMAZING as do all the new products! I LOVE lime green also.. i think i have a lime green shadow from every brand that has one! lol. so if u ever need a hook up on hair products, we should do a swap! :P hehe love ya girlie, and thanks for sharing all this rad-ness with lil ole me!

xoxooxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

aisyah De Cullen,
I've been tooling around with the creams all weekend- I'm so glad they sent me the purples, which are my favorite for bringing out my green eyes! I'm planning on posting a full review on the Cream Pigments by week's end!

Pixie,
I've been in touch with Illamasqua since before they even launched in the states, I love the brand's image and ethos so much. I definitely consider myself lucky that they consider me when sending out press kits.

It may interest you to know that Illamasqua does offer a professional discount of 40%- since you're a licensed Cosmo, you should qualify. The one bummer is that only orders from the Illamasqua site qualify for the pro discount, and for us here in the US that means hefty international shipping fees, but it still ends up being cheaper than buying full price at Sephora.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...