Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hope everyone out there had a great Halloween. It's my favorite day of the year, and even though it was on a Monday this year, I was determined to make it special. I filled my day watching cartoon specials with Lily,  eating Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins (not bad, but they look better than they taste!) with hot spiced caramel-apple cider, and carving pumpkins.

The bottom two are mine, Brad did the top one!

When it came time to dress up, Brad set to work endowing super-hero powers on Lily. I'd planned on being a ghostly specter, but soon realized that wasn't going to be possible, due to a cat-related occurance. So, pressed for time and in need of something I could create with what I had on hand, and without an actual costume, this is what I came up with...


Obviously, not dressing up isn't an option, so living-dead it was. Keeping in mind I've never done zombie/dead makeup before, and didn't have time to research or even check out any tutorials, I'm fairly happy with how this came out. Aside from a just a few items (like the cocoa powder I used to give the blood a clumpy texture) this is all Ben Nye makeup- yay for my college theater makeup kit!

I custom blended a light gray-green base color, used red shadow to rim my waterline and a deep plum to shade in the orbital bone- especially in the bottom, inner corners. After adding some texture by mottling different shades of grey, green and plum, attempting to use eyelash glue for rotting, peeling flesh (bad idea!) adding blood and teasing out my hair, all I needed was a few leaves from the yard to give my costume that authentic crazy touch. It was a bit scary for the younger kids, but I got lots of compliments from the older kids- especially the boys!

So what did you do for Halloween? Trick or Treats, party times, or just a quiet evening at home? Hope everyone was safe & had tons of fun- can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Halloween!
I love your make up!
I watched horror movies with my friends!

Unknown said...

rock-or-not,
Hope you had a great night too, and thanks for the compliments on the makeup- I can not tell you what a nightmare it was to remove!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...