Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Halloween!

Better late than never, right? (Um, right??) Halloween makeups! Quick, easy, and pretty darn cute, if I do say so!


So, things have been a bit hectic around here, but Halloween is my Christmas, so I decided I had to do at least a little something to get into the spirit. I spent half of the day at school with my (not so) little one, (deep sigh for 7-year-olds choosing thier own costumes!) so requirements were something that didn't take much time and was appropriate for wear elementary school kids. This is what I came up with!

I used Kryolan UV Aquacolor in Green mixed with a bit of MAC Face and Body in white and applied it in a rough rectangle over my eye with a stippling brush. I used a q-tip saturated with a bit of oh-so-handy Crealine (keep an eye out for an upcoming review) to clean up the edges of my little franken-patch. Then I lined around the edge of the patch and painted on black stitches and a wickedly slanted eyebrow using #00 and #2 round artist brushes (like those from Loew-Cornell) and Wolfe Hydrocolor in black.

To make things just a touch more sultry, I added some depth by placing black (Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC Blackground Paint Pot and the old square NYX black shadow) to the lid, blending it into the crease and out over the orbital bone with a MAC 217 brush. I popped a special effects lens in my monster eye, added black mascara and a quick red lip (MAC Ruby Woo, on all night!) and I was out the door.

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! As I mentioned things have been crazy lately (finally got married, husband left his job to start his own business, my baby started 1st grade, room mom, Girl Scout leader, art-class assistant, dance/karate taxi service, need I go on...?) but I'm hoping to be able to carve out a bit of writing time to get back to this soon- I miss it and all of you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...