Thursday, July 9, 2009

Illamasqua Comes to the US!!!

In case word doesn't spread quickly enough, Adina from KraseyBeauty dropped the scoop tonight that many of us have been waiting for- UK rock star brand Illamasqua will be making it's US debut this month!

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Illamasqua, prepare yourselves. I honestly haven't seen such positive buzz for a line in my 13 years in the industry. Illamasqua, hyped as "makeup for your alter ego" is a line that is all about tolerance and self-expression, a rare and beautiful thing in an industry that so often feeds on vanity.

Beginning July 21st, Sephora.com will start carrying the line, followed by an in store launch July 31st at the NY Times Square location. From there, the line will roll out nationwide this fall.

I spoke to a manager at my local Sephora as well as the HR manager at the 5th Ave location in NYC just yesterday, and neither manager had ever heard of Illamasqua- that goes to show you how tightly under wraps this was! Illamasqua has said that they plan to bring a 200 product assortment to 26 stores across the country by the end of October. The manager at my local store did explain to me that typically, only 2 retrofits are done annually; the next will be at the end of August or beginning of September, so though the official launch may be closer to October, I plan on checking in sooner in hopes of grabbing a sneak peek!

1 comment:

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

I'm not in the US (I'm in Canada) but I ordered some of their stuff -- LOVE it.

Loving your blog! Come and check out mine too.

Michelle
lipstickrules.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...