Thursday, September 8, 2011

30 in 30: Question #16
Do You Copy Celebrity Makeup Looks?

My answers to 30 makeup questions in 30 days! To get all 30 answers in 30 days, today's a twofer. Our first question of the day is:

#16. Do you copy celebrity makeup looks?

I hate to be boring, but I really don't. I tend to find most celebs play it pretty safe where makeup is concerned; to me a nude lip and smokey eye is a look that's been around for decades- certainly not something invented for Kim Kardashian.

I commend those that don't go by the book, but to me flat out copying a "look" designed for it's uniqueness would be like painting a fake Matisse. I take inspiration from everything around me- and of course, that includes celebs and models.

I should also point out that I'm not judging YouTube and bloggers who do choose to do celeb looks, nor am I saying I would never do one. It's a common request, and quite frankly, when you're as prolific as many popular gurus I have to imagine celeb tutorials are a nice break from the stress that the creative process can induce. It's nice to have something you can just do and have fun with- and isn't that what it's really all about anyway?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...