Monday, September 12, 2011

30 in 30: Question #19
What's Your Favorite Concealer?

Stepping it up a bit to make good on my promise of 30 makeup questions answered in 30 days, here's the second of today's 3 answers!

Question #19. What's your favorite concealer?

Without a doubt, my favorite concealer is Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup.

What’s so great about it? It’s an absolutely full coverage but light-weight liquid that stays on all day. A drop the size of an apple seed will conceal every spot on your face, and since it’s marketed as a foundation, it comes in a 1oz tube that lasts for years. Which is extra good considering the fact that Lauder changed it about a year ago.

I have yet to try the new formula, and to be honest, don’t know if the formula itself has been changed or if it was just repositioned and repackaged. I’ve been meaning to drop by for a sample, but somehow it keeps slipping my mind! Since my fav is kind of a moot point, I have to mention my next best: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
Almost as good as my Max Cover, with slightly less coverage (though it layers well). The formula is bit trickier to work with due to its dry cream consistency, but it stays in place well, and the SC-1 is actually fair enough for me, though I wish they sold the two shades separately- I use the fairer shade 10-1 over the deeper.

Perfecting skin is my obsession, and a great concealer is vital in that effort. What are your favorite brands and formulas?

1 comment:

Ana said...

Do share when you try the new formula - after reading this, I'm very interested in hearing about it!

I was given a Golden Rose concealer when I purchased their lipstick... I thought that, if nothing else, the shade would be off, since the SA chose it for me in half a sec, just by eyeing me in neon lighting... and it matches!
I like it, but don't use it much since my ColorStay covers well enough for my needs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...