Saturday, August 27, 2011

30 in 30: Question #11
Do You Like to Wear Bronzer?

My answers to 30 makeup questions in 30 days! Today's question is:

#11. Do you like to wear bronzer?


Nope. I’m pale, I’m always gonna be pale, and I like it that way. No matter what shade or how I apply bronzer, I usually feel like it looks fake, because it’s just not me.

Occasionally though, bronzer is a necessary evil. The only time I wear bronzer is if I’ve been out in the sun a lot and developed color. I wear sunscreen every single day, so this really only happens if I’m on vacation and am outside for hours on end. Because of my skincare routine (and, honestly, more diligence in applying sunscreen to my face) my face typically takes on less color, and the color doesn't stick around as long as it does on the rest of my body. This means that for weeks after a sunny vacation, my body might be significantly darker than my face. Since I don’t favor the Frankenstein look, it becomes vital to even the two shades out.

Thus, bronzer. My all-time favorite bronzer is Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer. Though it's a cool toned bronzer, it looks great on just about all skin tones. Since it's got no shimmer, it's very believable; the little bit of red mimics a true sun-kissed glow, and keeps the color from looking oompa-loompa orangey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...